Dimensional Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognize that experience and talent are not always limited to the technical requirements of a job. If you have similar experience to the qualifications listed here, please consider applying. We strongly encourage those from marginalized and/or underrepresented identities to apply. If you need accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.
Dimensional Energy, a leader in the production of sustainable fuels and other chemicals from carbon dioxide, is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, experienced Senior Project Manager in our Tucson, AZ location. This role will effectively manage both small and large scale projects from discovery and design, to development and implementation, and in compliance with applicable national and international environmental and safety standards, codes, rules and best practices. If you are experienced in managing projects, are passionate about combating climate change, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, please consider joining our team.
In this position you will manage projects from discovery to implementation ensuring compliance with all environmental and safety standards and best practices.
Pay and Benefits
- The salary range for this position is $140,000-$160,000 based on experience.
- Health, vision and dental insurance packages available.
- Unlimited paid time off for most positions.
Activities will Include:
- Manage capital projects with values up to $500MM.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Coordinate with Legal and Finance departments in developing and implementing contracts strategy, liaise with Finance on project cost controls.
- Maintain Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance as it relates to mechanical integrity, engineering design, relief devices, design hazard reviews, process safety information, maintenance related procedures and all applicable document retention requirements.
- Coordinate engineering, construction and commissioning phases for each project.
- Monitor the progress of project through updated schedules.
- Oversee planning, scheduling, and job sequencing revisions, as appropriate.
- Ensure that safety performance, quality, schedule and cost guidelines are reviewed with project staff and that required safety policies, procedures, training and orientation are accomplished.
- Participate in HAZOP reviews.
- Prepare regular status reports as required by Dimensional Energy management related to project activities.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of contracts with vendors. Establish relationships with service providers who will be needed for the operational phase.
- Ensure smooth transfer of information between office and field personnel.
- Assist project staff in resolving scope problems with subcontractors.
- Ensure proper assignment and evaluation of field personnel both within the project team and throughout the company.
- Maintain communication with Dimensional Energy management advising of progress, milestones and critical issues.
- Foster important working relationships with the Operations Manager, Technology Department, IP and Licensing, Engineering Department, Vendors, Contractors and Suppliers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- PMP Certified or willing to pursue.
- Minimum fifteen years’ experience in project management and plant engineering in chemical or petroleum refining process manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership skills to direct various teams which all play a pivotal role in accomplishing the challenging goal of getting a “first of a kind” process up and running, safely, on schedule and within assigned budget.
- Strong interpersonal skills with all other parties.
- Experience in construction and project cost control.
- Strong understanding of OSHA Standards and requirements.
- Familiar with project management practices and procedures typical of chemical manufacturing and refining industry.
- Must be prepared to work the hours necessary and to be on call 24/7/365 to get a new plant up and running smoothly.
- Willing to be based at the location of any given project.
About Dimensional Energy
Dimensional Energy is a leader in the production of sustainable fuels. We develop proprietary technology to convert carbon dioxide into sustainable jet fuel, diesel, and other products. Our carbon utilization platform allows companies to recycle their emissions to replace the fossil carbon in their supply chain. Our technology presents a true alternative to the extraction, refinement and burning of fossil carbon, all of which must cease in the coming decades in order to leave a livable planet for those who will come after us. Dimensional Energy recognizes that traditional fossil fuel extraction has disproportionately impacted communities of color and low-income communities. We are committed to a different path and aim to partner with local communities to ensure those impacted are included in the implementation and profit structure of our solutions. We envision a world free from fossil fuel dependency. We are growing quickly, come join us.
To Apply: Send resume and letter of interest to Jobs@dimensionalenergy.com. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.